Sunday 9 December 2012

R&C Collection: Oh so Audrey...



When i was given the brief of the 1950's I instantly thought about Audrey Hepburn. Anyone who know me knows i am obsessed with her. Thinking about it now i dont have the slightest idea where my love for her came from. Her style is effortless and screams elegance.

In the 1950's she worked with Hubert De Givenchy and they created some of the most beautiful pieces i have ever seen! I knew I wanted to do a black and white colour scheme because i wanted my dress to be simple and classic.

I used a black chiffon fabric which i found at my grans for the body of the fabric (my granny is like Mary Poppins, she has everything you could ever need!) The collar i got off a top i had got from New Look. I was very lucky in finding bargains for my dress. Overall it was very inexpensive to produce but it still had good quality.

I loved creating the dress and i remeber being quite upset when i had finished because i had enjoyed making it so much (i need to get a life!) I haven't worn it out yet but i cant wait till i do! I just hope that my skills as a seamstress are good enough and it remains intact till the end of the night :P

Connie xo


1 comment: